The New Village of the Child Foundation runs three communities for minors unaccompanied foreigners located in Ravenna. It offers a housing solution and educational referentiality to complete the process of social integration and personal self-empowerment of children, also as a result of transfers from reception facilities.
The service is aimed at 28 young foreign teenagers, aged between 16 and 18, who have come to Italy without a family and without a regular residence permit.
The offer of the structure is aimed specifically at those guys coming from:
- irregular entries in the Italian territory;
- educational paths in other communities for minors having carried out a path aimed at self-autonomy and self-regulation and that do not present problems related to the abuse of alcohol and / or narcotic substances ;
- from the welcome reception called MODULO 72 ORE always managed by the New Village Foundation of the child .
until reaching the age of majority
The MSNA (Unaccompanied Foreign Minors) " community for minors " is designed to help users reach personal autonomy once to a new independent life in our country through the life of community, through the start-up to the study and through the acquisition of new professional skills. The educators present 24 hours a day with flexible hours according to their needs, will guarantee a continuous service, allowing to manage any kind of emergency or need, both educational and health.
To guarantee young people welcomed, a time and a place to plan their life. The educator promotes an individual path of growth that leads them to be responsible for their actions in the world of work and in the social, motivating the constancy and commitment in both study and work and respect / sharing of common areas. The progress with respect to the achievement of the objectives will be monitored and possible modifications to the individualized plan will be proposed during the verification with the operators of the Recovery Community and in the relationship with the competent Social Services.
Time of stay
maximum 72 hours
The "Module 72 Hour" was born as a proposal of intervention in response to a specific emergency condition. In particular, the recipients are male foreign users between 14 and 18 years of age, in need of immediate and temporary need for hospitality and social protection, in those situations where it is not possible to find a suitable location in other structures in the area.
- Offer an immediate reception within 72 hours;
- Satisfying primary needs of first reception (Food, clothing, sanitary products);
- Improvement of the original health condition;
- Possibility of transfer to MSNA.
The psycho-physical condition of the user must be such as to make the immediate activation and organization of an immediate intervention possible. Given the delicacy of the required commitment, it is not possible for the community to host more than two boys for more than 72 hours, with special exceptions.
The elements of our intervention are based on the INTEGRATION of the boy in a model of community life, trying to integrate it progressively to the customs and habits of our country.
Thanks to an individual intervention plan, educators are able to quickly identify the needs and educational and training needs to be offered to the user.
The activities considered fundamental for the realization of the service are:
- Identification of an Individual Educational Plan.
- Weekly meetings and groups.
- Daily activities of management and reorganization of common spaces.
- School: participation of guests in study courses adapted to their previous school experiences in public and private schools and helped and supported by educators in community structures.
- Professional training courses; These courses, carried out with teachers who are experts in their teaching subjects, are carried out in order to facilitate the employment of minors at the end of their stay in the community.
- Set up health control activity.
- Collaboration with cultural mediators and other organizations dedicated to unaccompanied foreign minors.
- Sport and recreational activities: they involve the practice of sport for recreational purposes but also to encourage a chance to vent, with frequent collaborations with important bodies and structures (ENDAS Swimming Ravenna, Tititom Music School, Gyms, Soccer Schools, Theater Courses, Recycling Labs).
- There are also frequent trips to the city and episodically out of town.
- Major age;
- Violent behavior or not suitable for community life;
- Alteration states due to the use of drugs and / or alcohol;
- Health condition strongly compromised:
- presence of pathologies requiring continuous monitoring; of the state of health and / or of the pharmacological therapy connected;
- presence of pathologies that alter the ability to wait for the objectives and the daily activities of the path;
- motor disability.
At the end of the path, the team will produce a relationship of the boy based on his / her path; progress of the project within the structure, achievement of pre-established objectives and possible criticism, result of the objectives achieved within the school or training stage.
Hired in 2005 at the Nuovo Villaggio del Fanciullo Foundation, he has done his job with people with problems related to the use of drugs and alcohol related problems. From 2007 he began to devote himself to the management of unaccompanied foreign minors entrusted to the community.
Primary care physician
Dr. Daniela Cimatti
Dr. Franco Marri
The health aspects are monitored by the primary care physician and performed by the local health service.
The nursing service, in the structure, is guaranteed from 08.00 to 22.00 with the presence of a nurse.