The Progetto Mercurio is a housing unit activated by the Nuovo Villaggio del Fanciullo Foundation as part of the services provided, in a single building, in the Ponte Pietra di Cesena site.
The housing unit is located within the System of Services for pathological dependencies dell'AUSL Romagna is a project aimed at offering a permanent or temporary residential housing, and support, and is intended for 6 adults with problems related to drug addiction , alcoldipedenza , psychiatric co-morbidity , which are recognized evolutionary skills, even if present in different sizes.
Such persons must possess a current condition of compensation and psycho-physical balance, without particularly restrictive legal limitations to prevent their freedom of movement and access to daily practices of autonomy and for which a path has been thought socio-rehabilitation , or that they are lacking, or with a poor family network, able to sustain their emotional and emotional situation.
The housing unit, is a residential project of social reintegration that has the purpose of:
- to guarantee domicile;
- to improve the quality of life of the subjects benefiting from the project, urging daily self-management actions in order to limit the dependence on others and to discourage passive and delegated attitudes;
- to prevent isolation and marginalization by favoring interpersonal relationships and affective relationships, mutual help and collaboration among the guests;
- avoid or delay institutionalization by guaranteeing the person's permanence in their living environment, even if in a building different from their original home, with the support of a qualified assistance integrated with other services and with the resources of the territory.
- to acquire the capacity for autonomous management of free time and daily life;
- support, in the initial phase of the project, the self-administration of pharmacological therapies;
- to encourage careful management of money;
- developing socialization and mediation skills;
- overcome risky behavior.
The project is aimed at subjects who, although leading a partially autonomous life, need protection and support services in a protected environment.
The conditions for access to the housing unit are ascertained through a joint evaluation by the sending service team and the housing unit team;
Those who present complex health care and assistance needs can not benefit from this service only through continuous social-health assistance.
An apartment group coordinator works within the housing unit; and of the staff assigned to the educational services with a functional timetable for the management of the Unit and for the optimization of the persons involved and in any case no more than 6 hours per day; the educational figures will have the task of monitoring and accompanying guests on their journey of autonomy, proposing healthy and wellness-oriented lifestyles.
At the apartment group can also operate volunteers, to allow a greater connection with the external environment, to offer different incentives and opportunities to guests and to integrate and support the intervention of the professionals listed above.
The accommodation unit is located in Ponte Pietra di Cesena, via Sala 214, 3 km from the Hospital and the Ser.T. of Cesena .
The Unit is located on 2 floors:
The ground floor consists of entrance hall, dining room and kitchen, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 living room and a room for operators.
Downstairs 1 tavern with kitchen and laundry. In order to ensure the safety of guests, the Unit is equipped with external and 1 internal cameras positioned in the living room.
The accommodation unit is furnished with new furniture that provides comfort and security and help guests feel the environment as domestic and welcoming. The Unit represents in all respects the home of the host person for whom it is permitted:
- the placement of furnishing elements and furnishings, compatibly with the available spaces, deemed to be familiar and therefore indispensable for the hosted person, who must in any case be obligatorily complying with the regulations in force and communicated to the staff of the structure;
- the reception of temporary visitors, such as family and friends to keep the interpersonal relationships alive, which must be agreed with the operators.
Guests of the housing unit are insured by the operators, in respect of the customized projects and their requests, the following services and services:
- daytime supervision for up to 6 hours and planned assistance interventions based on the actual needs of each individual;
- the organization of access by health and social care staff of the sending service, according to the individualized project;
- managing relationships with family members and supporting the friendship network;
- the organization and identification of socialization, recreational and occupational initiatives, internal and external to the structure, compatibly with the resources available to individuals and the Nuovo Villaggio del Fanciullo Foundation.
Admission to the " Progetto Mercurio " - Housing unit will take place after a joint assessment of the case (sending service and housing unit);
The coordinator of the housing unit responsible for the project "Mercurio" subsequently, will proceed, in collaboration with the referent of the case, to the interview with the requesting subject.
The duration of the route will be defined with the sending team and the guest will stay for a maximum of 2 years.
Authorization for entry into the apartment is issued by the Director of the sending service.
Entry into the housing unit must be preceded by the Individualized therapeutic project shared and signed by the sending service, by the unit of the housing unit and by the host.
At the time of entry the guest must sign the internal rules of the structure.
Upon entry, the guest must be in possession of the following documentation:
- Individualized project;
- Identity card, Driving license (if possessed) fiscal code;
- Possible therapy sheet and any other medical report useful for the staff of the housing unit;
- Payment activity by the sending service.